The tool library is 100% volunteer run. Annual memberships pay the rent, insurance, tool maintenance, and occasional purchases to add high-demand tools to our collection. We offer a range of suggested donation amounts for memberships to ensure that being a SE Seattle Tool Library member can work for you!
Becoming a member of the Southeast Seattle Tool Library is easy! Anyone over 18 is eligible to become a member. We offer several membership options tailored to you.
Southeast Seattle Tool Library (SESTL) membership gives you access to any of our tools, books, or instructional videos for a week at a time. Plus you can usually renew your item for additional time if no one else is waiting for it!
3 Easy Ways to Join
- Online: It’s as easy as making your membership payment via PayPal!
- Stop in at the Tool Library: Stop by 4425 MLK Jr Way S, Seattle WA 98108. Please see the home page for our open hours.
- Gift a Membership: Purchase an attractive Membership Gift Certificate at the Tool Library for a lucky friend or family member. You can also send us an email to have one mailed to a local address.
Individual Membership: $50 per year
This is our standard membership. In addition to access to our extensive tool library, members are invited to community and family-friendly events throughout the year!
Buy-One, Give-One Membership: $100 per year
The BoGo membership entitles the purchaser to all the amenities of the Individual Membership, and also allows the Southeast Seattle Tool Library to provide a fully subsidized membership to someone who can’t afford one!
Student/ Senior Membership: $35 per year
If you are over 65 years old or enrolled as a student, show us your driver’s’ license or school ID card and get a discounted membership!
Low-Income Membership: $25 per year
Want to join the Tool Library but can’t afford to make a donation at the low-income level? Please don’t let that stop you from stopping by to join the tool library! With the generous support of other tool library members, we will be able to enroll you as a member regardless of your ability to donate!
Want to do a planting project with your staff, but don’t have the tools? Do you need a shovel once a year to clean out the drain but don’t want to store it in the office? A SESTL Organization Membership is the perfect solution! Organization Membership costs are based on your organization’s size and need. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To Begin Borrowing Tools
- Bring your receipt, gift certificate or PayPal confirmation email to the Tool Library during our open hours.
- Also bring one piece of mail with your current address.
- We’ll help you complete our short membership form and set up your online membership account for you!
We’ll provide the membership forms, but if you prefer to print and complete the application form before coming in, you can find it here: SESTL Membership Form
Notes Regarding Membership
- Membership fees are 100% tax deductible!
- SESTL Memberships are not valid at other Seattle tool libraries.
- Deposits may be required for some tools to encourage their prompt return. Late fees and maintenance fees may also be required for tools that require supplies provided by the tool library.
Questions about Membership?
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.