To start borrowing tools, you’ll need to fill out a membership form as well as present a picture ID and proof of address to Tool Library staff. You can fill out the form during your first visit, but to minimize contact and speed up the process, we encourage you to print and fill out the form before coming in. If you can include an electronic signature, you can even email it to us. You can find the form here: Membership Form.
Membership allows you to borrow most of our tools for a week at a time and you can generally renew items if no one else is waiting for them. Members can also use tools at the Tool Library and attend classes offered throughout the year.
We also request that you make an annual membership donation. Annual membership donations pay the rent, insurance, tool maintenance, and occasional purchases to add high-demand tools to our collection. The Tool Library is 100% volunteer run and we can always use more volunteers!
3 Easy Ways to Make a Membership Donation
- Online (preferred, to minimize contact): Make your membership payment via PayPal to the email address email@example.com or click here:
- Pay by Credit/Debit Card, Cash, or Check made out to “SESTL” at the Tool Library: Stop by the Tool Library, located in a garage behind 4425 MLK Jr Way S, Seattle WA 98108. Please see the home page for our open hours and a map.
- Gift a Membership: Purchase an attractive Membership Gift Certificate at the Tool Library for a lucky friend or family member. You can also send us an email to have one mailed to a local address.
The Tool Library is FREE to use and while annual membership donations are completely voluntarily, they are also a crucial part of keeping the collection well maintained and the Tool Library running smoothly. This community resource thrives on the generosity of its users.
Regular Membership: $50 per year
You and everyone at the same address can share a membership.
Buy-One, Give-One Membership: $100 per year
The BoGo membership helps the Southeast Seattle Tool Library to provide a fully subsidized membership to someone who can’t afford one!
Student/ Senior Membership: $35 per year
No proof of age or enrollment required
Low-Income Membership: Whatever you can afford
Want to use the Tool Library but can’t afford to make a donation? Please don’t let that stop you from joining! With the generous support of other tool library members, we can enroll you as a member regardless of your ability to donate. No proof of income is required and no applicants will be turned away due to lack of ability to make a donation.
One-Time / Short Term Membership: Variable
Want to borrow a tool or two, but aren’t sure that you’d be able to make use of a full year’s worth of tool library access? Come on in, try us out, and we’ll figure out a donation arrangement that meets your needs!
Organization Memberships: Variable
Want to do a community planting project with your staff or neighbors but don’t have the tools? Do you need a shovel once a year to clean out the drain but don’t want to store it in the office? A Organization Membership is the perfect solution! Suggested Organization Membership donations are based on your organization’s size, needs, and nature. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Notes Regarding Membership
- Anyone over 18 is welcome to use the Southeast Seattle Tool Library, whether you live in the neighborhood or anywhere else.
- Membership donations are 100% tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. The Tool Library is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization.
- Southeast Seattle Tool Library memberships are not valid at other Seattle tool libraries.
- Deposits may be required for some tools to encourage their prompt return. Late fees and maintenance fees may also be required for tools that are kept too long or returned in bad shape.x
Questions about Membership?
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.